Moderate exercise during pregnancy is beneficial to most women, as it increases wellness and helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Start slowly and increase your exercise regime to three times a week for half an hour each time. You should be able to talk with ease during the exercise.
In case you have any on-going health problems during pregnancy, you should consult your doctor before starting an exercise regime.
Start the Prenatal Yoga Session 1
- 1. Standing Breath Posture
- 2. Hanging Forward Bend
- 3. Single Knee Hug
- 4. Double Knee Hug
- 5. Supine Twist
- 6. Revolved Triangle Posture
- 7. Rishi’s Posture
- 8. Tree Posture
- 9. Dog Posture
- 10. Spinal Twist
- 11. Easy Forward Bend
To Conclude the Yoga Session
Once you have performed this set of yoga asanas, lie down on your back flat on the floor with a pillow under your head and under your lower back or lie sideways with the top leg bent and a pillow under the bent leg for comfort and relax for a few minutes.
- Start the Prenatal Yoga Session 2
- See also: Benefit of Swiss Ball during pregnancy and birth
- Read these precautions before exercising during pregnancy
- Yoga Asana Sequences and Workouts