To lose weight you need to follow a diet and workout plan of some description. Whether you follow our advice, buy a weight loss courses, book or video, or put together your own plan using the information you find here and on other great fitness websites, you need to be remain focused on dedicated to your plan, the one that works for you.
How do you start a weight loss diet plan? The first and most important part of the plan is the diet itself.
You need to learn what foods are healthy, which are not, what food provides energy, which ones just turn to fat. Understanding the common diet and weight loss myths is important too.
Whether you are devising your own weight loss plan or following a ready made one, you should always considered enhancing the plan so that you can do the things that you are more comfortable with. Many plans may encourage you to eat more lean meat as part of a healthy balanced diet, but maybe you are a vegetarian.
Some plans will expect you to workout 4 times a week, but maybe you have hobbies and sports commitments and can only manage 2 or 3 times a week.
It does not really matter if this is the case, so long as you make some small changes to ensure that you are still following most of the plan and still losing weight and getting fitter.
Our Quick Weight Loss Diet Tips
- No matter what you read, you do need to reduce calories to lose weight. You have to create an energy deficit.
- Read about sugar and fats. Understand that sugar is the major problem today, not fat.
- Replace as many high GI foods with low GI foods as possible.
- For one month, stop drinking alcohol.
- Never add sugar to anything
- Stop eating all cakes, white bread, cookies, white rice, candy and soda
- Stop all processed foods
- Stop all junk food
- Eat more green salad with olive oil dressings
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables
- Stop drinking fruit juice (the natural sugar, fructose, contains a lot of energy which will turn to fat)
- Exercise – do intensive cardio workouts
- Exercise – lift weights, do body weight workouts and weight training workouts
- Drink more water – water hydrates, essential for clear thinking, exercise and healthy digestion
- Eat soup once a day – soup makes us feel full for longer
These 15 quick weight loss tips are just the tip of an iceberg really. But follow these and start a new weight loss diet plan and you will soon be losing weight and getting fitter.