Stretching helps to reduce running injuries, shorten recovery time and makes you more flexible. Never forget to stretch!
Stretching before and after each run?
It is advisable to only stretch after each jogging session, and not before, for three to four minutes. When stretching out do the following movements:
- Bend forward and touch your toes.
- Kneel down on one of your feet, and stretch the other out backwards.
- Bend your body to both sides.
- Stretch out an arm, grab something, and turn your body round so that your arm is bent backwards.
- Shoot your abdomen forward, so that your spinal column is stretched into a bow.
- Place your hands behind your neck and stretch your arms backwards. Then twist your body to the left and right, and also bend to each side.
After the jogging it is often advisable to wait for a few minutes to regain your breath and relax before you stretch out.