It is a green smoothie that is packed with nutrients and also delicious.
Smoothies are a great way to help meet your daily fresh fruit and vegetable target and a thick smoothie acts like soup – it fills your stomach so that you feel full for longer.
How to make Lauren Conrad’s green smoothie
What you need:
- 1 cup of raw spinach
- 1 cup of frozen peaches
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of dried coconut flakes
- ½ a banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
Mix it up!
- Put the almond milk, spinach, peaches, banana, pineapple, and flax seed into a smoothie maker or blender.
- Whizz it up until it is smooth.
It really is that simple.
Why is it healthy?
- Spinach – it contains pectin and is packed with nutrients which boost energy and vitality and make blood healthier.
- Peaches – rich in healthy phenols, vitamin A and C. Antioxidant selenium keeps cells healthy.
- Pineapple – vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. Good for bones to.
- Flax seed – reduce risk of heart disease, cancer and stroke. Omega-3 essential fatty acids and fiber.
- Dried coconut – contains manganese which is good for blood and metabolism
- Banana – Contain soluble fiber, vitamin C, potassium, manganese, and vitamin B6 that are all great for health. See our banana smoothies.
- Almond milk – blood sugar friendly but sweet. Great for bone health.