Uma Thurman revealed how athletic she really is during the Kill Bill movies. Her sword wielding acrobatics while wearing a skin tight jumpsuit showed that she is slim, toned and very strong. So how does she do it?
Firsly, Uma Thurman is a advocate of the organic diet movement. She says that the healthy appearance is mostly due to her healthy organic diet which is low in chemicals that are found in foods that are treated with pesticides.
As for her fitness, then good old fashioned full body workouts with an emphasis on muscular endurance are essential. She works all of her body, from the shoulders down to her calves.
In preparation for Kill Bill she trained for several hours every day. Martial arts requires a well balanced body, so it is not just about working the biceps and abs. You need to work the shoulders with lateral raises and push ups, work the back with rows, the thighs with squats and lunges, as well as chest presses and curls for the upper body and arms.
All these exercises together result in Uma being a very lean yet very strong woman. As for the abs, these come naturally if you do the full body workouts and eat a healthy diet. Getting a flat stomach is more about high workload than specific exercises.
Full body bodyweight workout
- 10 jumping jacks
- 10 high knees
- 10 heel kicks
- 10 push ups
- 10 crunches
- 10 calf raises
- 10 tuck jumps
- 10 walking lunges
- 10 squats
- 10 mountain climbers
- 10 push ups
- 10 back extensions
- 10 chair tricep dips
- 10 leg raises
- 10 bicycle crunches
- 30 second plank
Full body weight training workout
- Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing calf raise: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
- Barbell bench press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- One-arm dumbbell rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral pull downs to front: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated cable rows: 2 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell lateral raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent-over lateral raise: 2 sets of 8-12 reps