Kirstie Alley has been battling with her weight for a very long time now. It has been a long time since she was the sexy Rebecca Howe in hit comedy show Cheers. However, her battle seems to finally be over, and she is victorious.
She has shown off her new slim body on her official Twitter page, and to highlight how great she looks and feels she has posted an photo of herself surrounded by 5 suited Italian men.
How Much Did Kirstie Alley Weigh?
Kirstie did lose some weight on the Jenny Craig weight loss system a few years ago (records say she lost 75 pounds), but last year her weight increased dramatically after she stopped her diet plan. She reached a maximum of 230 pounds (104kg). That is a very unhealthy weight for a woman to be.
Why Did She Gain Weight?
Kirstie explained to Ladies Home Journal earlier this year that when she started putting weight on she was in denial, telling herself that it was only a few extra pounds. But this was every time she weighed herself. She said that another problem was that nobody told her she was fat.
People say, “Oh, you’re just big boned.” I’m not big boned. My bones are small. I just ate too much. – Kirstie Alley
People are so worried about offended others that they no longer say “you are getting a bit overweight”. Good friends used to look out for each other, now they just keep quiet. Frank Skinner made a pretty good point about our attitudes to weight and obesity.
Another 30 Pounds To Go
Kirstie does not plan to stop losing weight just now either, she says that she still wants to lose another 30 pounds.
“I’ve lost over 50 lbs…and I’m having the time of my of my life…30 more to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”
You can follow Kirstie’s ongoing battle of the bulge on her twitter page, twitter.com/kirstiealley.
How Did Kirstie Allie Lose Weight?
To be honest, we cannot be sure how she lost weight as all the information regarding her weight loss leads back to her own new weight loss product, the Organic Liaison “Rescue Me” diet plan weight promote organic food to help you lose weight.
It does cover some of the basics, such as sugar reduction and eating the right balance of foods to curb hunger. She has obviously now got a great incentive to lose weight – to promote her weight loss solution.
Did she exercise? She does not mention exercising, but she is not at her ideal weight yet. Whether or not her organic and low sugar diet will help her reach her ideal weight remains to be seen. The experts say that exercise is required. Her website doe say that you only need to do 30 minutes of brisk walking to lose weight. This is actually how Sir Anthony Hopkins lost weight.
Kirstie the Weight Loss Expert? Her Diet Tips
Kirstie has really embraced her new health and fitness lifestyle. The latest posting on her personal blog reads “Top 10 Myths About Weight Loss”. The top reasons why people fail to lose weight is because they believe these weight loss myths:
- I just need to stop eating to lose weight – No, this causes starvation effect and stops fat burning
- Snacks are bad – No, snacking, when controlled, keep metabolism high and helps burn fat
- Low carb diets make you thin – No, cutting high GI carbs makes you thin
- With exercise you can burn fat off one area – No, spot reduction of fat is not possible
- You have to work out two hours a day, every day at a high intensity to lose weight – This is just crazy, nobody can manage 2 hours high intensity!
- Fat is always bad for you- No, there are healthy fats that are very good for you – eggs, oily fish, avocado, nuts – all good fat
- Brown eggs are better for you than white eggs – No, all eggs are healthy
- Fat-free foods will not cause you to gain weight – Nonsense, sugar is ZERO FAT
- Eating after 6pm will cause weight gain – No, eating too much any time will cause weight gain
- To lose weight, I have to quit eating my favorite foods – No, you just need to eat a balanced and controlled diet.
She recently appears at the Ultimate Womens Expo in Phoenix, Arizona, to promote her weight loss system, Kirstie’s Organic Liason Diet – Rescue Me.